|Home Page||Village Hall||Local Links||Photo Tour||Coming Events||Local Businesses||Playgroup|
Past & Present
| Blunham Cricket:
| Bill Exley's
| Blunham Playing
| Steve Harris's
pages & links
By Bill Exley
The site of the Wheatsheaf Ale House.
This small ale house was just a room adjacent to the main cottage at 10 Park Lane and is now a private dwelling. Park Lane itself was called *Back Lane in bygone years. Its first license was granted in 1832
*Called Back Lane in 1903 records.
|Wm Clarke (Sextant and Parish Clerk)||1876|
|(owned by John Morris, Brewers of Ampthill)|
|Miss Selina Clarke||1898-1906|
Beerhouse closes 22/12/1912
|Alfred and Gertrude Norman||1944|
|Maureen Belcham||Oct 1969 to 1983|
|Mark and Christine Brazier||1984|
During the 1950s, Maureen Belcham's parents Reg and Daisy Peet lived here.
Ted Ashton also lived with the family and started a Fish Shop. Later Ted took
the Fish Shop to the site opposite the school, formerly a gentleman's hairdressers,
later becoming the Fish and Chip shop of today. Ted Ashton and Daisy Peet later
moved into a new bungalow opposite the old Wheatsheaf with Maureen Belcham and
her daughter Clare.
Page last updated 22nd May, 2010 by Colin Hinson.